Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1752567 Members
5282 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: CIM WMI Integration

Andy_256

CIM WMI Integration

Am putting together a WSH\VBscript to validate various components on DL 585. i.e Windows Driver version, Memory, CPU, Installed software etc, Bios Versions

Using WMI pretty extensively , but now need to get some HP specific stuff - ie BIOS Version of Smart Array 5i controller.

How do I do this from VBScript - are there WMI\WBEM Classes that HP Provide as part of the System Management stuff.
7 REPLIES 7
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

So, no, not to the level of detail you are requesting. However, why are you writing a script to duplicate information already available? Have you looked at Insight Diagnostics or the reports in HP SIM?
Andy_256

re dupe - We want an installer / SMS to run a SINGLE script and end of build that checks a multitude of things - ie

- Windows Patch level
- Storport.sys
- HBA Bios level
- HBA Driver version
- Varius Cluster settings -
- Network Binding order for above
- System BIOS level
- Raid Controller BIOS level
- MPIO Software version

We can get most of the stuff via WMI \ Cluster Automation etc but some Vendor stuff is not exposed.

I'd presumed there would be a WMI Interface into HP specific data, or at lease a COM interface / API we could use.

David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Attached is an XML-formatted file generated by HP Insight Diagnostics. I think you'll find everything you want in here, even the OS-related stuff. It has a web UI and a CLI.
Andy_256

thanks for the reply.

so is there no where of generating this info directly from vbscript ? Sounds like I'm going to have to call the CLI and then parse the XML output , quite 90's..

Do you have any links on using the CLI , examples etc ? ie what command / switches did you use to get that output ?

Can this be called remotely ? ie run the CLI from another machine with remote computer as parameter.

Are there any plans to develop a less proprietery interface (ie WMI/COM) to this info ? I thought that was one of the goals of DMTF etc

Andy.

Chris Morgan_4

The xml report is exactly what I need, but how do I generate it automatically? Alot of my servers are running PSP 7.4.0.0 and so I believe only have the online edition of Insight Diagnostics, is there any way to do it with this? Help very much appreciated.

Cheers

Chris
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

%SYSTEMDRIVE%\hp\hpdiags\hpdiags.exe -o FILENAME
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Bumped to be above moved questions...