HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CMS Upgrade from HP SIM 5.3 to HP SIM 6.x

Zouaghi
Occasional Contributor

CMS Upgrade from HP SIM 5.3 to HP SIM 6.x

Hi all,
Following a problem with my CMS server (alerts are not any more received from my managed systems) I opened a case with the IRS Team. They told me that because my HP SIM is 5.3 I need to upgrade it to a 6.0 or greater and then if issues persists I can revert back to them. So my question is, can someone help me on this upgrade :
- Which Version should I use (6.0, 6.1 or 6.2)
- Which are the steps to undertake in order to avoid losing all the data of the discovered servers, SNMP and WBEM paramaters etc...
- Does an automatic tool exist to manage this upgrade?

P.S.

Moved from Services - Insight Remote Support - general  to
ITRC HP Systems Insight Manager Forum
2 REPLIES
jim goodman
Trusted Contributor

Re: CMS Upgrade from HP SIM 5.3 to HP SIM 6.x

Might I recommend the Installation and Configation Guide:

http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c02537449/c02537449.pdf

See Chapter 6

I recommend 6.2u2 - You shouldn't lose any configurations in the course of the upgrade.
Alice Seeley
Frequent Advisor

Re: CMS Upgrade from HP SIM 5.3 to HP SIM 6.x

I am also doing an upgrade from HP SIM 5.3 to 6.0 and beyond. I see the migration tool is available once it has SIM 6.0 on it. I am wondering is there a need to export information to go to 6.0? I believe I have understood the documentation that a new database server is needed from 6.0 on and that is where I will need the export of configuration, correct?