1752780 Members
6317 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: CW Contract and Warranty Column Disappearing SIM V6

Tom Scheppler
Occasional Advisor

CW Contract and Warranty Column Disappearing SIM V6

I installed SIM V6 on a VMWare guest with Server 2008. I installed RSSWM and was getting Contract and Warranty information from HP. Didn't make any changes to the application and the CW column disappeared as well as the RSSWM options under Options. Have tried reinstalling with no luck. I have read that RSSWM is not "supported" on VMWare based CMS's, but does that mean it won't work? Worse, did it uninstall itself?
4 REPLIES 4
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

What version of RSSWM?
The notes in HPSIM state RSSWM is not supported on virtual machinmes, but the later releases of RSSWM (according to their release notes) are supported.
I installed HP SIM 6.0 onto a virtual guest and then downloaded RSSWM 5.45 with WEBES 6.0 and installed that.
Only been a few days, but it's still there!
Tom Scheppler
Occasional Advisor

That's good to know information! I utilized the same versions as you did. I'll try reinstalling RSSWM and see what I see.
Tom Scheppler
Occasional Advisor

Now that I know this is supported I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling RSSWM. Uninstalling and cleaning up the RSSWM directory and reinstalling with no luck. The "CW" column doesn't show up in the SIM console and I have no RSWWM options under the Options tab. My next idea was to uninstall the SIM application but I hate to do that. Ideas?
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Tom,
Part of the reason I built a new HPSIM 6.0 installation was becasue I seem to have messed up our original 5.3 install.
That had RSSWM 5.40 on it. I installed 5.45 and tried to add WEBES 6.0.
Not pretty!
Now the DESTA Servcie doesn't stay running and HPSIM just hangs after a few days.
I installed HPSIM 6.0, using the downloaded HPSIM 6 exe and not the DVD and it didn't seem to install any RSSWM components. Didn't leave much in the way of clues either.
So I then installed RSWWM 5.45 with WEBES 6.0 and it seems okay.
The main issue I have is that the wsea test command is not generating an alert. So I'm going to log that through.
I guess what I'm saying here is that once it's Bu@@ered it doesn't seem to easy to undo. Snapshots are a worthwhile at different points!