Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753427 Members
4947 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Can I ask some questions about hpasm

stevenlu

Can I ask some questions about hpasm

I am a newfresh for hpasm and not find too document guiding me to configure it. So I paste my questions in your web:
1. hpasm can monitor the power supply and wirte the log when there are any exception events. How to enable/disable this feature?
2. Hpasm includes something called Storage Agent. Are there any way to turn this on and validate that the agent reports issues across storage entities like Disks, SCSI, IDE?
3. What within hpasm can be made to monitor the health of the NICs
4. For power supplies, storage elements, NICs, all issues are reported and logged by hpasm into /var/log/messages? How to enable/disable this functionality?
5. How to emulate one exception event of power supply such as one power supply is down?

2 REPLIES 2
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: Can I ask some questions about hpasm

It's useful to add the Operating System you're working with and versions of the products.

The agents are generally configured via the web interface. They rely on SNMP to send any traps they generate back to HPSIM.
HPSIM is then used as the central repository to monitor events etc.
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Re: Can I ask some questions about hpasm

You might want to check out the docs at http://www.hp.com/go/proliantlinux --> ProLiant + Linux Documentation for details about your questions.