1753479 Members
5160 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Can SIM monitor system events from iLO ports

David Glaesser
Occasional Advisor

Can SIM monitor system events from iLO ports

I've been looking through the documentation on Systems Insight Manager and cannot find the answer to the following question.
Is Systems Insight Manager (Ver 5) able to gather events such as server temperature, disk errors and such and report them from a server or workstations via it's iLO port?
The agent installs have been a real pain to deploy thus far and if the box doesn't do the above we won't be using it anyhow.

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

What do you mean the 'agent installs have been a real pain' ?
David Glaesser
Occasional Advisor

Keep in mind I'm coming back to the "Server World" from the "Network World" after about 5 years. The user's guide for setting this product up is very muddled. For instance if I don't want to do version control, why must I have the VCA loaded before I can push agents to the box? Also it's very unclear which agent I use to report on the managed systems events, such as temp, disk errors, mem usage etc.
Also every time I go to push an agent out to a discovered system I get SSH errors, even when I deselect the checkbox for SSH. I could go on but I don't want to waste too much of your time.
It would be awesome if there was a clear, concise install guide for this product.

Thanks