1748138 Members
3597 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Can i change/update the user accounts and passwords for ILO through sim 5.0

new2SIM

Can i change/update the user accounts and passwords for ILO through sim 5.0

hi
in the new hp sim 5.0 i saw an option to configure the management processor but it seems its only good for hp integrity and 9000 series servers ? is this true, can i not change user accounts passwords for my ILOs which are other hardware platforms ?
4 REPLIES 4
Aravindh Rajaram
Honored Contributor

No, you cannot do it for the iLO's on ProLiant servers
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

AMicSys is incorrect. iLO and HP SIM work very well together to do group administration. See the section starting at page 36 that covers

Group administration and iLO management processor scripting
-Lights-Out Configuration Utility
-Group administration using the Lights-Out Configuration Utility
---Using the Lights-Out Configuration Utility with Systems Insight Manager
---Lights-Out Configuration Utility for Systems Insight Manager
-Batch processing using the Lights-Out Configuration Utility
-Lights-Out Configuration Utility parameters

from "HP Integrated Lights-Out Management Processor Scripting and Command Line Resource Guide"

http://www.hp.com/servers/manage --> iLO or iLO 2 --> Support & Documents --> Manuals
Ferry Steenvoorde
Valued Contributor

By default, you cannot change user accounts for ILO-boards through HPSIM.

I'm not so good at scripting in HPSIM, but maybe Dave's solution will work as well. Interesting option anyway.

Outside HPSIM, you can use HPONCFG.EXE (newer ILO-boards) or CPQLOCFG.EXE (older stuff). Both tools can be downloaded from the HP-site; they are just among the driverfiles.

For both tools you can download sample XML-files. With those XML-files you can enter several settings, like username, password, IP-address, SNMP-settings, and almost anything else.
CPQLOCFG.EXE requires that you enter the correct credentials before any settings can be changed. On newer ILO-boards, HPLOCGF.EXE can change any settings without entering any credentials, but only when executed on the server itself (console, RDP).

HPONCFG is nice when for example you do not know any account for logging in on the ILO-board. Then you make one yourself. Both tools are handy when the IP-settings on the ILO_boards must be changed and the serverroom is inconveniently not on the same site as you are.
sorabh saxena_1
Regular Advisor

hi everybody
thanks a lot for he solution.. darn i seem to have lost the pwd for this id, i m sorry couldnt assign any points to you but thanks a ton for directing me to the right docs