1753421 Members
4778 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Can not delete or clear minor uncleared events

jstuer
Advisor

Can not delete or clear minor uncleared events

Running 6.2, All of these events are data collection retry time out events.  I tried to clear and delete, neither works.  Any help is greatly apprecieated.

2 REPLIES 2
jim goodman
Trusted Contributor

Many events are you talking? If it is a large number you may have to manually break up the delete/clear job other wise it is possible that the task will not complete or hang the CMS. You can delete them from the db directly, but what I typically will do for customers not terribly saavy with SQL is delete events older than 1yr, 6mos, etc until we can get the numbers down to where we can delete them all. Then going forward enable the delete events older than 90 days taske to keep it clean.

Another point, if you do kick off a large clear/delete job it may take awhile for it to run so disabling other tasks until it completes is another good way to keep the CMS from hanging.

jstuer
Advisor

Jim,

19 events.  I tried to clear one and delete one, will not work.  I can clear/delete all other events just not these.  They are all minor -  data collection retry timeout events.  However I just thought I would try to delete them from the server events tab and noticed when I viewed all systems that the server was in SIM multiple times with a yellow triangle.  Once I deleted these "rouge" servers the events followed.  Thanks for the reply.