cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't discover my EVA, but it does find the SMS

Records Management
Frequent Advisor

Can't discover my EVA, but it does find the SMS

I have a new installation of Insight Mgr 5.3 running on WS 2003. I originally had it running under HP-UX, but the remote support change is requiring the switch.

I have an EVA 4100 with a SMS. It's running CommandView 6.02. I have followed the steps in Remote Support Pack A.05.20 CMS Prerequisites and Managed Systems Configuration Guide, Section 11.3.

When I do a "discover" on the SMS, it does not detect the EVA. And it doesn't show a CommandView link in the "Tools & Links" area for the SMS. So, I started working through Section 11.4.1 HP SIM did not Discover the EVA. It asked to run the wbemdisco command. This is what comes back:

C:\Program Files\HP\Systems Insight Manager
WbemDisco 01.01.00
------------------
Gui: Gui starting
Gui: Creating frame...
HOST = 172.18.1.176
PORT = 5989
NAMESP = root/pg_interop
USER = administrator
PASSWD = *****
Connect to 172.18.1.176 in namespace root/pg_interop with SSL=true
*** Error connecting with SSL=true - CIM_ERR_INVALID_NAMESPACE: IDispatch error #3598 (CIM_ERR_INVALID_NAMESPACE) ***
2 REPLIES
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: Can't discover my EVA, but it does find the SMS

CV 6 is quite old. But that shouldn't stop this from working.
IIRC CV 6 didn't install the SMI-S by default, it was a separate install. Has the appropriate SMI-S (the one that would have come with CV) been installed?
And is the Host Address above where CV is installed?
Records Management
Frequent Advisor

Re: Can't discover my EVA, but it does find the SMS

Yes to both. This was working in a SIM 5.2 installation running on HP-UX. I have had to switch to the Windows version because of Remote Support.