4110 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Can't install HP SIM 7.3 - no option for new SQL instance

runiu_ksp
Visitor

Can't install HP SIM 7.3 - no option for new SQL instance

Hi,

I'm trying to install HP SIM 7.3 on the server that already has other SQL instances

The install dosn't give me the option to create a new instance...only have two options: use existing SQL or use Oracle...

Any suggestions?

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello there,

Do you have an application on this server that already uses a SQL express installation?

If you use the existing instance i would think it will create a new database next to the existing database. In one instance you can have more that one database. The database would be called insightv5.xxxxxxx

The user that you use to install should have sysadmin rights, in the express version probably the user that installed the express version of SQL.

Kind regards,

Andrew
runiu_ksp
Visitor

Hi,

I've ACRONIS database running on the server. I've checked all the permissions and all ok.

Tried using ACRONIS database but for some reason it says credentials are invalid...

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello again,

Just to be sure do you use the express SQL or a normal SQL?

You can also install the SQL management studio to manage the SQL server and set credentials.

Kind regards,

Andrew
runiu_ksp
Visitor

Hi,

I've SQL Express and I've the Management Studio - checked credentials and they are correct but still not accepted by HP SIM install...

Thanks

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello,

What is the error you get?
Kind regards,

Andrew
runiu_ksp
Visitor

Hi,

I don't get the option to use new SQL database and it only allowes me to use existing ones...

No matter which one I select it always says invalid credentials...

All credentials are correct...

runiu_ksp
Visitor

Hi,

How can I force the installer to have the option for new database?

Thanks

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

The installer will always create a new database, it starts with insightv5.xxxxx where the xxx's are the installdate in seconds i believe. A database is somthing completely different than an instance.

Kind regards,

Andrew
fixitrod
Occasional Visitor

Did you ever figure this out. I know it's almost a year old but I'm having the exact same problem. I have a server with Acronis Backup, server 2012R2. I even installed sql 2012r2 express and shut down acronis so it would find the new instance. Credentials are good on both instances of SQL and I get the unaccepted credentials also. I also can not select the radio button that asks if I'd like to install sql 2012r2 express. It doesn't highlight when I click it. I'm out of options for now unless you found a fix. 

I downloaded the iso and unzipped it with 7zip. I'm starting the program by running the autorun. I have all the prerequisites taken care of that it requires. 

Any ideas?