1753652 Members
5830 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Can't logon to netware server web agents

jimyo
Occasional Contributor

Can't logon to netware server web agents

I set up the agents and have previously managed to login ok, nothing has changed but (apart from upgrading to 7.4 agents on a couple of servers) but now I am unable to login to the web agents!? I can view all of the information available to the anonymous user but if I try to login as an admin user it tells me my credentials are incorrect. On netware where are these credentials stored/how is authentication done?
6 REPLIES 6
Rich Purvis
Honored Contributor

Re: Can't logon to netware server web agents

I don't know where the information is stored in NetWare - this doc:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00293377/c00293377.pdf

On page 10 has some information about this in Netware. I don't know if it is of use to you. The only other thing is that in the old days the default password for those ID's used to be Administrator for Administrator and Operator for Operator - don't know if those are still the defaults.

-Rich
Why does my tivo keep recording Nickelodeon?
Albert Austin
Esteemed Contributor

Hi,
Try username: administrator and
password: administrator
jimyo
Occasional Contributor

I have tried a variety of user/password combinations all to no avail including admistrator/administrator and Admistrator. I have looked at the pdf manual which describes the security settings for each built in account held in an ini file on the server. I tried changing the security level for the anonymous user to the same level as administrator and restarted the agents - still no joy. The long and the short of it is I need to be able to turn ASR off while I investigate and abend problem, if there is another way of doing this that would be a help.
Albert Austin
Esteemed Contributor

Are you trying to access through sim console the System Management Homepage? I had the exact same problem yesterday as I could not access system management page from my SIM server I kept getting wrong credentials error. I used the credentials I supplied to you above and it did the trick. If you are tring to access the page directly through netware OS then the credentials then above wont work.
jimyo
Occasional Contributor

Thanks - That does seem to have done the trick, I can now log in ok but am disappointed to find I can't manage the ASR options which was my original reason for wanting to login! I now assume that this is something that can only be set from bios or is there another way?
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Hi There

On the Netware server:

SYS\System\Compaq\WBEM

Is a file called CPQHMMD.ACL. This contains the username/password pairs. Since the password is encrypted, you can't edit the file directly. Instead, find a Netware server that you know is working, and copy its CPQHMMD.ACL file over to the server that is not working. That should let you login with the known password.

Additionally, you may want to grab the CPQHMMD.CFG file (I think it has some important stuff too).

Let me know if that works.
Nelson