8467 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Can't "Repair or configure agents"

Xavier Coppin
Occasional Contributor

Can't "Repair or configure agents"

Hello all,

I have the latest version of HP SIM installed 4.2. I'm trying to use the new feature to repair or configure agents but it doesn't work. I have this error message logged in stderr
EXCEPTION CLASS: com.hp.mx.dtf.sshClient.MxSshFailedConnectionException
EXCEPTION: Unable to contact the SSH server on node "mymonitor.mydomain.lan".

Any idea ?

HP SIM is running on Windows 2003 Std.

Thank you for your help,

Xavier
4 REPLIES 4
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Re: Can't "Repair or configure agents"

OpenSSH must be installed, working and with valid keys on the HP SIM server for this feature to work. You may have opted out of OpenSSH install if you did a custom install.
Kevin Smith_19
Occasional Contributor

I have the same problem and I have OPENSSH installed. Can you tell me how I would go about make sure the keys are vaild?
Joel Rubenstein
Honored Contributor

Information on troubleshooting problems with openSSH can be found in the white paper
"Secure Shell (SSH) in HP Systems Insight Manager" which can be found at http://www.hp.com/go/hpsim --> Information Library --> White papers
Darrin Rawls
Respected Contributor

If OpenSSH is actually installed on the server, open a command window and run 'mxagentconfig'. There is a CLI command or a GUI window will launch; this sets the 'trust' up with a given server (and can be done for the CMS). Once done, run the Identification task on the SIM server (CMS) itself and it should work.

You can check the SSH white paper on more details on the CLI and workarounds for issues under Windows 2003 like Joel stated.