Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1748280 Members
3751 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Can't start Insight Foundatin Agent service

JoshD_1

Can't start Insight Foundatin Agent service

I recently upgraded to PSP 7.9 from PSP 7.8 on serveral BL40p and BL45p servers. After the upgrade The Foundation agent service won't start, giving the error " Could not start the HP Insight Foundation Agents service on Local Computer Error 1075: The dependency service does not exist or has been marked deletion." I checked all the dependencies of this service on a server that worked and found that the Insight storage agent is missing on the failed server. I have reinstalled the Insight Management agents on this server but the Storage agent service is still not there.

Any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3
Rancher
Honored Contributor

Re: Can't start Insight Foundatin Agent service

We had this same problem on a couple of our servers. We fixed it by doing the following:
Log onto the server and remove the HP management agents through Add/Remove programs. Reboot the server! Reinstall the management agents. Reboot again. In one case we had to copy the executable to the server desktop.
JoshD_1

I was almost positive that is what it would take but the servers are revenue generating front end web servers so a reboot was out of the question without a month or so to plan.

What I had to do was go into the location in system32 of the .exe for the storage agent server and delete the entire folder conatining the .exe, then go into the registry and delete the entry for the service there as well. I ran the agent_32.msi for the Insight management agents and restarted all agent services along with the SNMP service.

Thanks for all your help.
JoshD_1

My previouse post solved my issue.