New Discussion юеВ

Can the collection name list be sorted? Suspend Monitoring for # days

SOLVED
Go to solution
Dana Swanson
Regular Advisor

Can the collection name list be sorted? Suspend Monitoring for # days

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if there was any way to sort or re-arrange the order that the collection names appear in the list on the left hand side of the console.

I was also curious if the suspend monitoring drop box values can be customized for more than the current available options. For example add suspend for 2 days, 1 week, etc..

Thanks!

Dana
3 REPLIES 3
fred Passeron
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: Can the collection name list be sorted? Suspend Monitoring for # days

Hi

The following doc describes how to handle in HP SIM:

ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/products/servers/management/hpsim/hpsim_51_collections.pdf

There are many operations available to help you re-arrange the collections.

Concerning the suspend monitoring options : The values are set and cannot be modified.

!!Please backup the file first !! This is not a supported workaround...
But editing the following file may help : DeviceSuspendTool.jsp in C:\Program Files\HP\Systems Insight Manager\hpwebadmin\webapps\ROOT\mxportal\taskandjob

go down the file and look for the following lines :

><%= daBundle.getString("suspend.time.5min")%>
><%= daBundle.getString("suspend.time.15min")%>
><%= daBundle.getString("suspend.time.1hour")%>
><%= daBundle.getString("suspend.time.1day")%>

I added the following line to have a 2 days suspension option: I tested , it works. As I am not a developper, I changed a bit the line for it to work straight ahead.

><%= "2 days"%>

As mentionned before, this is a tweak that is not supported by HP.

Hope it helps

fred
тАЬLife is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.тАЭ Isaac Asimov
Dana Swanson
Regular Advisor

Thanks Fred!

I never knew a manual existed on collections. Thanks for pointing me to the location of the PDF manual.

I've always wondered why someone hasn't published a 3rd party book about hpsim.

Thanks for the tip on DeviceSuspendTool.jsp, it's great you figured a way to change the default settings un-officialy. It's worth backing up the file and giving it a try.

Thanks again for the tips!

Dana
Dana Swanson
Regular Advisor

Hi All,

I didn't find a way in the document to sort the collection list but did ask one of the first tier support techs at hp.

He mentioned moving the collections from Public to Private and then moving them back to Public in the order you want.

I ended up deleting the collections since several were based on members selected individually and those won't move. If you have collections based on attributes it may work.

See ya,

Dana