Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you clean up SNMP settings

SOLVED
Go to solution
Brett Burmeister
Occasional Advisor

Can you clean up SNMP settings

I am setting up HPSIM 5 and in my testing have modified SNMP settings on a remote system successfully. As this is the 3rd REV of HP SIM in the past few years, there are numerous community strings out there. After setting all the servers to the proper community string, can you then cleanup the errant ones with SIM?

thanks.
5 REPLIES
Scott_278
Valued Contributor

Re: Can you clean up SNMP settings

If you have a trust relationship set up with the CMS, then all you need to do is configure one server with the settings you want. Then simply replicate those settings to the other servers.
Brett Burmeister
Occasional Advisor

instead of using SIM to push out the settings huh? yeh, that was what i was thinking.

thanks.
brett
Scott_278
Valued Contributor

No, I'm sorry. What I meant was to use SIM to replicate those settings to the other machines. Otherwise, you'll have to change them manually.
Paul Kratz
Frequent Advisor

If you use SIM to deploy SNMP settings it will just add the new settings and not clean up the existing settings.
You can use Group Policies to apply new settings and clean up the existing.
Darrin Rawls
Respected Contributor
Solution

Not quite true...

If you use the Configure-Repair Agent settings task in HPSIM, then it is 'additive' and will not remove anything (authentication via OS).

If you use the Replicate Agent Settings task (which uses the trust to the System Mgmt Homepage) in SIM, then it REPLACES everything on the managed node like you set up on the reference server.