Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1751798 Members
5237 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion

Cannont install Proliant Support Pack

Mike Laurencelle

Cannont install Proliant Support Pack

I tried to install the Proliant support pack 7.8 on a brand new ProLiant BL460c running Windows Server 2003 R2 w/SP2 x64 and it only installed a portion of the PSP including the home page the, version update, and Storage ACU. I tried to reinstall 7.8 from our HP SIM server through the HP SIM homepage on the BL460c but it kept saying it could find the file in the repository for each item to install. So, I tried to reinstall from the CD but when I click the install PSP link, it pops up a window that says "Unable to install". This happens whether I choose Express install or Custom install.

I uninstalled what little it had installed the first time and rebooted and tried the same with the 7.7 CD but it is doing the same with that one as well. Same with 7.6 CD also. I am having this problem on both of my only two BL460c servers that I just installed for the first time.

I am now seeing that I cannot update to the latest version on any of my other servers and believe it to be due to a Windows Update since it seems to be across the board and was working fine last time I did updates when 7.7 came out. Are there any known conflicts with recent Windows Updates for Server 2003? I am having the problem on Server 2003 SP1, SP2, R2, R2 + SP2, x86 & x64 servers alike.
1 REPLY 1
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: Cannont install Proliant Support Pack

I had this issue with a server and the NIC Driver. Failed with the cannot find file error.
I couldn't determine what file it couldn't find.

My guess was that there was something corrupt in the registry as it didn't seem to matter how I tried to install the driver it failed with the same thing. Again like you, going back to previous versions.

A rebuild of the server worked fine.

The attempts I tried were:
Extracting the contents and running the setup manually.
Installing the driver using device manager and pointing to the extracted files.