5446 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Cannot Access System Management Homepage from a remote server

Ash8
Occasional Visitor

Cannot Access System Management Homepage from a remote server

Hello All,

I have a HP DL380 G9 servers running Windows server 2008 R2 SP1 and HP SMH is working properly on the local server, but when try to access it from another server on the same network (running Windows server 2003 SP2 and IE6) using https://ipaddress:2381 its not working.

The following settings are applied:The firewall service on the 2008 server is disabled, SNMP service security is READ CREATE for public and READ WRITE private.

1- Firewall service on the 2008 server is disabled. SNMP service security is READ CREATE for public and READ WRITE private.

2- SNMP service security is READ CREATE for public and READ WRITE private.

3- No access restrictions is configured in the SMH.

Thanks,

Ashraf

5 REPLIES 5
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Re: Cannot Access System Management Homepage from a remote server

Hello,

If you have a Gen9 server you should use the ILO in combination with the Agentless Management Service.

If you want to keep using the SMH you are free to do so but the SMH has had it's fair share of Open SSL problems so from a security point of view you are better of using the SNMP from ILo in combination with the AMS.

Does the server only have one interface ?

Kind regards,

Andrew
Ash8
Occasional Visitor

Hello,

Agentless Management Service is installed and ILO is connected and configured but I'm not able to open the ILO web page I'm using IE11 on that server.

Regards,

Ashraf

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello,

Did you update the ILO to the latest version of firmware ? You can download the latest version here.

Also check if you added the ILO UTL to the trusted sites and java scripts are enabled in the browser.

Kind regards,

Andrew
Ash8
Occasional Visitor

Hello,

I have installed the latest firmware from your link below and enabled scripting in IE and add the URL to the approved sites still I get that the page can't be displayed and a message says content has been blocked by IE Enhanced Security Configuration, should I stop the HP agents and keep only the agentless service running or that has nothing to do with what I'm experiencing ?

Regards,

Ashraf

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Yes , i would stop the SMH, did you try Firefox or Chrome for accessing the ILO page?
Kind regards,

Andrew