1748185 Members
3977 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Cannot access VCRM via HP SMH

Greg Warholak

Cannot access VCRM via HP SMH

I receive the following error message when trying to login to the HP SMH:

"A timeout occurred while loading data for the HP System Management Homepage which may result in missing or incomplete information. See the HP Sytem Management Homepage log for additional information."

I am trying to login to the SMH so that I can configure and populate the VCRM repository with a PSP. After clicking on the OK button, I only have one item listed on the SMH and their is no VCRM items listed. I can navigate to the SMH Log and the following error exists:

MAJOR 10/8/2010 5:04:49 PM
UI Webapps Loading Timeout -- Nav Load Time: 20s [Webapps-List: HP Insight Diagnostics;hpwbem;WBEMNetwork;WBEMServer;WBEMStorage;vcrepository]

Why can't I get to the full SMH
5 REPLIES 5
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

I've seen this when the VCA is not working properly.
There's a bug in older versions of the VCA which stop it from working.
There are threads in here about how to check if this is an issue and the cause.
Quick workaround, try restarting the VCA Service. If that hangs use Task Manager to kill the vcagent.exe. Start the service and then browse to the VCA.
Once done retry the operation above.
Greg Warholak

Using START -> Administrative Tools -> Services, I am able to restart the VCA service without any issues. Still unable to get the full SMH menus. I am still getting the timeout error.

Only items that appear on the SMH are the Overall System Health Status, Component Status Summary, and Network boxes.

I am attaching the SMH log files below:

MAJOR 10/11/2010 8:52:45 AM
UI Timeout (limit: 20s) -- hpwbem(HPInsightManagementConfigurationWebApp):0s||WBEMNetwork(HPInsightNetworkProviders):0s||WBEMServer(HPInsightServerProviders):900s||elm(backwardscompatibility):0s

MAJOR 10/11/2010 8:51:55 AM
UI Timeout (limit: 20s) -- hpwbem(HPInsightManagementConfigurationWebApp):0s||WBEMNetwork(HPInsightNetworkProviders):1s||WBEMServer(HPInsightServerProviders):900s||elm(backwardscompatibility):0s

MAJOR 10/11/2010 8:51:43 AM
UI Webapps Loading Timeout -- Nav Load Time: 20s [Webapp-List: HP Insight Diagnostics;hpwbem;WBEMNetwork;WBEMServer;WBEMStorage;vcagent;vcrepository]

MAJOR 10/11/2010 8:51:10 AM
UI Webapps Loading Timeout -- Nav Load Time: 20s [Webapp-List: HP Insight Diagnostics;hpwbem;WBEMNetwork;WBEMServer;WBEMStorage;vcagent;vcrepository]

MAJOR 10/11/2010 8:45:05 AM

If I am reading the logs correctly, it appears that the WBEMServer(HPInsightServerProviders) seems to be the item that is taking a long time (900s).

I just applied the PSP version 8.60 which contained the WBEM version 2.7.0.0. Is there possibly an issue with this version of WBEM?
Rancher
Honored Contributor

Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

You could also try swapping the collection from WBEM to SNMP in the SMH. Under Settings.
Greg Warholak

Rancher, thank for the link. I tried downgrading the WBEM to version 2.6.1.0 and restarted the system, but no luck. The SMH was still timing out.

Rob Buxton, I tried switch the SMH settings to SNMP from WBEM and this worked! I can now log into the SMH without the timeout error, so it is definitely something to do with the WBEM.

Thanks, for the suggestion and the workarounds. I can now get into the VCRM to configure it.