1753816 Members
8488 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion

Cannot discover blade chassis with HP SIM 7.1

Steve-T
Occasional Contributor

Cannot discover blade chassis with HP SIM 7.1

Hi everyone. I am running HP SIM 7.1.  When I try to discover my c3000 and c7000 blade chassis I am getting the critical error:  The system(s) can not be identified by WBEM, SNMP, or SSH. 

If I run SSH manually on my CMS, I can connect to each blade, using the same credential.

I also have SNMP enabled, although I would prefer to use a different method of identifying the blade chassis. 

Other messages in the log include:  The system can be logged in using SSH protocol; has a valid SSH credential. 

Any assistance is appreciated.  Thanks in advance,

Steve

4 REPLIES 4
Steve-T
Occasional Contributor

Re: Cannot discover blade chassis with HP SIM 7.1

Silly me.  I forgot to specify credentials.

However, having done that, I can see that HP SIM has discovered an Onboard administrator.

But I can not see anything when I look at 'All Enclosures' or 'HP Blade System -> All c-Class Enclosures'

Is there another step?

Steve

micke_christen
Advisor

I will try to apply update 1. It has a lot of fixes. 19 hotfixes will be applied in HPSIM during installationen.
Good Luck
/Micke Ch
Micke_Christenson
Buggsy
Advisor

Are you saying you have SNMP set up on the enclosure, or SIM, or both? I think you are going to have to rely on SNMP to access the enclosure. I'm basing this on the fact that I didn't have to do anything to discover mine properly. SNMP was already set up on the enclosure and the blades, and my discovery has the correct string and admin credentials.

Have you found the blades individually?
Steve-T
Occasional Contributor

I run SNMP on both the HP SIM server and the Onboard administrators.

Also, I generated a certificate on my SIM CMS server and imported the certificate to each blade chassis in the onboard administrator.  I am wondering why I have to use SNMP when HP has gone to the trouble of the whole 'Trust by Certificate' method, which is their recommended method.

Thanks for your response.

Steve