6026 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Cannot install HP Insight Management Agents on DL580 G4

Lash J
Advisor

Cannot install HP Insight Management Agents on DL580 G4

Hi All,

Don't know if this is the proper category for posting this message, but here goes:

Client has got 4 x DL580 G4 that they reinstalled by themselves, without going through Smart Start - direct OS Media installation.

The servers are running Windows Server 2008 R2.

I've been trying to install HP management software on the machines - with 2 failures till now:

Errors on installing the following:

#1: HP Insight Management Agents for Windows Server 2003/2008 x64 Editions
#2: HP Insight Management WBEM Providers for Windows Server 2003/2008 x64 Edition

Both fail at FAILED DEPENDENCIES.

When opening View Failed Dependencies, I get the following:

Installation for "HP Insight...Etc" requires one or more of the following that is not currently installed or in the install set:

- HP Proliant Advanced System Management Controller Driver for Windows
- HP Proliant iLO Advanved and Enhanced System Management Controller Driver for Windows
- HP Proliant iLO 2 Management Controller Driver for Windows
- HP Proliant iLO 3 Management Controller Driver for Windows
- HP Proliant 100-Series Management Controller Driver for Windows

I've been looking around for the above drivers to install, but I keep getting errors while installing relating to either: Not the OS for which this Driver is meant for, or No HW available to install this Driver.

Can anyone around help? I've tried, i think all the drivers that should meet the above requirements for Windows 2008 x64.

I've attached a screen shot of my error.

Thanks a lot for any replies.
5 REPLIES 5
suzan maxey
Frequent Advisor

Unfortunately, Win 2008 R2 isn't on the list of operating systems supported by that hardware; in my experience, the OS will run ok but it's impossible to do a full install of the HP agents.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3288122&taskId=135&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=1137825тМй=en&cc=us

Suzan
ompee
Occasional Advisor

I would suggest you to install PSP 8.7 and give it a try
wire_

Hi All,

I would also like to share what I have experienced today, "same thing" was happened with  Lash J (as his previous post), that he had done installing the OS without using the HP Smart Start DVD and got this FAILED DEPENDENCIES problem. Below are the following compenents have failed as "same thing" I have told and have not able to push through,

- HP Proliant Advanced System Management Controller Driver for Windows
- HP Proliant iLO Advanved and Enhanced System Management Controller Driver for Windows
- HP Proliant iLO 2 Management Controller Driver for Windows
- HP Proliant iLO 3 Management Controller Driver for Windows
- HP Proliant 100-Series Management Controller Driver for Windows

"Same thing", it is HP Proliant DL580 G4 Server and had installed Windows 2008 R2 Standard. If  Lash J don't use an HP Smart Start DVD, on my side, I have used it but "same thing" was happened. I have here a log snapshot below, hope this would also give you an idea how to fix this.

Entry Details
Severity  Error  
Task ID vc_agent_task
Date / Time 11/3/2011 2:52:30 PM
Message Unable to Collect inventory
Additional Data

Unable to collect HP Firmware inventory
Insight Management Agents or SNMP are not installed or running, Insight Management Agents inventory data is not available.

When I tried to install the "HP Insight Management Agents for Windows Server 2003/2008 x64 Edition" driver component that built for HP Proliant DL580 G4 Server, this is the error message appeared that preventing me from installing, "The software is not supported for installation on this system." but it is for Windows 2008 x64 Edition... hmmmm may be we need a particular  "with R2" release to that.

Question?, is there any stable HP Insight Management Agents for Windows Server 2003/2008 x64 Edition driver built for HP Proliant DL580 G4 and Windows 2008 R2?

What we have required is that the said driver should be run above on that platform?

Any solutions up ther?

Andy-S449

Hi I had the same issue but managed to resolve it by doing this

Download the latest patch

HP ProLiant ILO Advanced controller driver for Windows Server 2008 x64 editions

Copy to the server and then run set up using Compatibility mode (Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 1)

It should now complete and then you can run the latest PSP to install and update the agents

Andy

cpatino29
Occasional Visitor

Thank you so much for the tip. That did the trick.

After installing the fix I was able to install insight management.