1753785 Members
7633 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Cannot subscribe to WBEM on any server SIM 6.3

Jeramy
Advisor

@shocko are your servers running 2008R2?
I have set the permissions as defined in the guide here http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=9&ved=0CE0QFjAI&url=http%3A%2F%2Fbizsupport2.austin.hp.com%2Fbc%2Fdocs%2Fsupport%2FSupportManual%2Fc02530446%2Fc02530446.pdf&rct=j&q=WBEM%20HP&ei=00jdTem5O6n20gHlzOXhDw&usg=AFQjCNH5I-z7icL0fMcuKWD0QiFZI-zxug&cad=rja

however it still isnt working under a non administrator.
6.3 configures these for you , however iv even done it manually and given even more access to no avail.
cybercoaster
Frequent Advisor

We worked with support for over a month trying to get it to work with a non-admin account. Never could get it working and gave up (for now).
shocko
Honored Contributor

I must admit i haven't tried windows 2008 R2 yet but i will try and configure it today and see the results.
If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)
rayg00n
Visitor

Rene Nascimento
Frequent Advisor

I assume WMI mapper service is running on the SIM server, also on your Win 2008 servers  IE ESC must be off for both Administators and Users. Also the UAC bar must be set to lowest level.

Also verify WMI isn't broken run from cmd>Winmgmt /verifyrepository.

pgarr
Frequent Advisor

Having the same issue with an install of SIM7

I have another instance of SIM6.3 that works perfectly using a non-admin account.    I use the HP provided wbem tool (Program Files\HPWEB\Tools\enableRWMI.exe) to config permissions on the managed hosts.

In both cases, sim is instlaled on 2008R2, using non-admin credentials.  Not seeing any issues with wmi on the managed hosts.

rayg00n
Visitor

@Rene Nascimento wrote:

I assume WMI mapper service is running on the SIM server, also on your Win 2008 servers  IE ESC must be off for both Administators and Users. Also the UAC bar must be set to lowest level.

Also verify WMI isn't broken run from cmd>Winmgmt /verifyrepository.

Oh, very thanks! That's working for me. I can subscribe to WBEM. Why this information is not in the offical manual?

pgarr
Frequent Advisor

I'm still getting fails.  It appears i can't sub to any wbem events for 2008 servers.  After checking the instance of SIM i thought was working- it is also only able to sub to 2003 servers.

I've confirmed IE ESC is disabled for users/aadmins but i get;

FAILED to create indication subscription.

Cause: Credentials are insufficient

Recommended Action: Check the privileges of the user

rayg00n- are you now working using a non domain admin account?