Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753481 Members
4262 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Cannot upgrade or remove old driver

James Sutherland

Cannot upgrade or remove old driver

I have several servers which have a "HP ProLiant 64-Bit/66-Mhz Dual Channel Wide Ultra3 SCSI Controller Driver for Windows Server 2003" driver loaded. Each of these servers have a status of minor in version control agent because they are using an old version of the driver.

If I try to upgrade I get the error "The software is currently installed, but does not need to be installed on this system." and I cannot find the driver to remove it.

Can anyone tell me how to remove the driver.
Thanks,
James.
3 REPLIES 3
Rancher
Honored Contributor

This is a problem that to my knowledge has net been resolved (at least for me) in the latest HP updates. Here is the original thread with the workaround.

http://forums12.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1127033&admit=109447627+1203012624609+28353475
James Sutherland

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately the problem servers were not running the version of VCA which caused the problem. I upgraded two servers to the latest version and tried the workaround but both still show the warning.
mark q
Regular Advisor

I'm getting the version control errors also, specifically hpsum want's to install the ipmi driver and then says it can't.

I've got the vcagent to the latest rev and it's still reporting missing software and the versions are the current one with the support paq.

any ideas?