cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot upgrade to HPSIM 5.3

Paul Tech
Occasional Contributor

Cannot upgrade to HPSIM 5.3

When I upgrade HP SIM the SQl database upgrades fine, the database credentials are validated ok.
I enter the service account credentials and a popup says that
"Install Shell : The Specified service account does not have administrator Privileges"

The accoutn I am using has Domain Admin Priviliges and explicit Administrator level priviliges locally.

Can Any one help
3 REPLIES
pparkerii
Occasional Visitor

Re: Cannot upgrade to HPSIM 5.3

I ran into the same issue and found your post. I kept on it and discovered Warnings in the Application Event Logs; Event ID 2,

Process 'c:\installtemp\admintest.exe' exhibiting suspicious behavior pattern 'HIPS/RegMod-013'.
Access denied.
Please send a sample to Sophos.

I was suspicious as to what that was (I thought I had a virus), but when I googled admintest.exe, I found: "This is the normal return status from the admintest.exe program which is used by the installer to validate the service account credentials...", as soon as I saw this, I knew Sophos was the culprit.

The issue with the error we received regardnig the "service account does not have administrator priv" was caused by Sophos AntiVirus HIPS runtime behavior analysis.

I stopped both on-access scanning as well as the HIPS runtime behavior analysis and it worked!

If you're not using Sophos, disable all Antivirus and retry the install.
Paul Tech
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for that. Works a treat
pparkerii
Occasional Visitor

Glad it worked out for you!