108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Capturing Image of Win Server 2003 throuhg RDP

SOLVED
Go to solution
Khurram Shahzad
Regular Advisor

Capturing Image of Win Server 2003 throuhg RDP

I have installed RDP on a server, i have a seperate server BL20p G4 running Win Server 2003 with different softwares installed. How can i take its image throuhg RDP console.

Do I need to do some thing like import. What effect will it have on the server whose image is being taken.

I am curious that how the source system will come into the RDP window because the names of only those systems comes into RDP console window which boot through PXE and loads image.

Please help me
4 REPLIES 4
Change_happens
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hey! in RDP there is a option read image it should be there in right click of system.

Effect: System will be shutting down and will be in same stage till image is being taken.

How it will come in RDP: You can add it using tool menu manually by giving its ip address.
Khurram Shahzad
Regular Advisor

Thanks a lot........One more question does RDP work without DHCP with Static ip. because when system boots through PXE DHCP assign it an IP address.

Can we use static IP
Change_happens
Honored Contributor

When Server boots from NIC it requires to have DHCP server to give him IP for further communication through RDP server (for pxe boot or server deployment or PSP deployment etc)
So what u mean by Static IP? You wanna give perticular IP from DHCP server? or you are talking about to give static IP to server(how u will give static IP to a deployed server).
may be i understood wrong or u got my mean?
Ray Lee_2
Regular Advisor

What is the differences between Read and Capture? I create a Windows server and would like to create image for all of my W2K3 servers. So which one of these do you now use to do this task?

Thanks,

Ray Lee