108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Certificate Installing

SOLVED
Go to solution
Cosimo_1

Certificate Installing

Hello,

i am trying to implement HP insight manager 5 SP5 into our company for the first time, what i have found is that all our servers have the HP insight manager agent installed with the trust by certificate option selected.

The problem is that i have to import the certificate on each server, but i have over 300 servers to do.

is there a way i can deploy the server certificate to all the servers to create the trust.

Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

See the thread below which shows how I deployed a new SMH with an updated certificate;
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=1

Cosimo_1

Thanks.. i'm going to ask a stupid question how do i reconfigure the management agent.

"When the Server has been rebuilt export the certificate from the new server.
From the VCRM, reconfigure the Management Agent and use the new certifcate - generally just a cut and paste."

Thanks
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor
Solution

A number of the HP Agents can be configured.
There are two ways.
From HPSIM, click on the HPSIM Server, under the Tasks tab there should be a link to the VCRM.
Fire up that and (unfortunately I'm at home so cannot give exact details) there's a section that allows you to configure the agents.

For the server certificate itself there's an option to export the HPSIM Certificate (somewhere under options) you can open it in notepad for the cut and paste.
There's a browse option to load the certificate, I've not had good results with that, cut and paste seems more reliable.

The other way if you have the entire PSP downloaded is to run the setup.exe. This fires up the Remote Deployment Utility but it also allows you to configure the agents.
Paul_627
Frequent Advisor

In my case I saved the old certificate before the upgrade. Is there any way to change the cert on SIM and that way I don't have to reconfigure 300 servers?
Steve Weeks_1
Frequent Advisor

Basically you install the Version Control Managment software on the HPSIM machine.

Configure the "system management homepage" and the "version control agents"

This you can then configure to allow all instead of requesting a certificate.

It obviously doesn't give quite the same security, but gives you a short and quick option.

You then run it as a task to deploy to all machines.
Cosimo_1

Thanks Rob,

I have found where to modify the agent and have successfuly installed the certificate on most of the machines.