1753701 Members
5180 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Certificate error

SOLVED
Go to solution

Certificate error

I am having issues using certificate authentication.

For instance, in SIM under options, version control repository, it lists my CMS trusted status as NO in red. I have tried using the config link but it does not change.

I posted a detailed version of this, and it has not shown up, so I am reposting. This should get my problem across accurately :)
5 REPLIES 5
David Claypool
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Certificate error

Use 'Configure or Repair Agents...' to fix communications and trust.

That fixed that issue, now VCR claims it to be trusted. For some reason, I did not think of the CMS as a client that had an agent to be fixed.

OK. Now I want to use HP SIM to distribute PSP 7.90A to a server and I like the ability for it establish the initial System Management Homepage and VCA configuration.

Running thru the wizard I get to the part where I can "configure System Management HomePage" and I choose "trust by Certicicate." It gives me the option to add a trusted certificate. When I browse to the certificate (servcert.cer) I get an "Error: Unable to read the certificate file"

I created the servcert.cer from within SIM by going thru options, Security, certificates, server certificate, export

I am no expert in certificates, am I missing a step here?
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Open the certificate in something like notepad and use cut and paste. I've never had much luck with the browse for the certificate.

If it does not work so be it :)

OK, so I opened up the exported certificate above in notepad and copied and pasted it into the certificate Data field.

My question is the certificate name that is required, is that just a text label, or must it be something specific for the certificate to be valid. I was planning on using just the servername, but maybe it should be the fqdn or something else?
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

I've tended to use the FQDN. I'm not too sure what the actual requirement is.