Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1752341 Members
5806 Online
108787 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Change HP SIM 6.x Hostname and IP Address?

Dan B.
Advisor

Change HP SIM 6.x Hostname and IP Address?

How to I change the Hostname and IP Address?

Looking for the procedure documents for changing the hostname and  ip address of the HP SIM 6.3 windows 2008 R2 server running local sql 2008 express.  Found the 5.x but not 6.x  Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
shocko
Honored Contributor

The answer is, it depends! Firstly, are your clients using SNMP? Is so, then you'd need to point them at the new IP address/hostname. Also, if using trust by certificate, changing the name will most likely invalidate the trust of the cert so you'd need to update the cert. Beyond that, you'd only need to check some config files and update with the new hostname as far as I remember as I have done this my self. Might be better though to do a clean install on a new servers with the desired hostname/ip address and then import the DB.

If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)
Dan B.
Advisor

Thank you for your reply.  Here's a bit more info for you.  I have a new win 2008 R2 box stood up running 6.3.  All clients are currently pointed to the old box which will be retired.  Most clients are running snmp.  I would like to shutdown the old box and give the new box the same hostname and ip address of the old hoping the clients would then connect up.  Also the SQL connection would also have to be changed internal to HP SIM.  If this will work I will go back and cleanup any clients that are using certs,etc.  As mentioned earlier I found documentation for 5.x as outlined in the document link below.

http://h10018.www1.hp.com/wwsolutions/misc/hpsim-helpfiles/hpsim_5_changing_the_SystemName.pdf

shocko
Honored Contributor

Yes, that document looks familiar. I would backup everything first just to be safe but as far as i remeber it was straightforward. Apart form the certs which will need to be re-generated. Are you alos running CMDView, IRS or WEBES on the same box?

If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)