Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753797 Members
7974 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Change HP insight manager database name

Christian Douma

Change HP insight manager database name

I installed hp insight manager 5.1 on a new server. My intention was originally to migrate the 5.1 installation from another server, but I couldnt figure out how.

When I did a fresh install I couldnt say which database the setup could use. Instead the setup created a database for me which has a naming scheme that isnt compliant whith the one of our company. Is there any way to change the database name in hp insight manager.
5 REPLIES 5
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

Christian Douma

thx. When I read the pdf I saw hp insight manager uses an ODBC link. You made me quite happy and our database administrator even more ;-)
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

No problem, please apply you're point and closed the tread if this was you're answer.
Christian Douma

To change the name of the database you have to alter the DSN on your hp insightmanager server.
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

========================================================================
IF YOU ARE THE AUTHOR OF THE ABOVE QUESTION:
When you return to view the answer, please rate it by assigning points on a scale of 1-10. To assign points, simply login and click the dropdown points menu next to each reply. Use the following scale when rating a response:

N/A: The reply was a clarification to my original question
1-3: The answer didn't help answer my question, but thanks anyhow!
4-7: The answer helped with a portion of my question, but I still need help.
8-10: The answer has solved my problem completely! I'm a happy camper!

WHY SHOULD YOU DO THIS?
There are 3 reasons why we feel rating replies is such an important feature:

1.) Others have taken time to help you, so please give them credit for their help.
2.) Your rating will help your peers earn points toward their Forums status, and you will validate the quality of the solution you've received.
3.) Other readers will understand which answer best solved a problem, enriching the community knowledge being shared.