108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Change Repository Path

SOLVED
Go to solution
MB_UK
Occasional Contributor

Change Repository Path

On my SIM server I have a PSP Repository on the C drive but am rapidly running out of space.

If I were to copy this to a different bigger drive how do I reconfigure SIM so that it points to the new location rather than the old ?

Thanks in advance

P.S. This thread has been moved from Insight Remote Support > general to ITRC HP Systems Insight Manager Forum - HP Forums moderator

1 REPLY 1
Michael Wyant
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Re: Change Repository Path

MB,

It is really quite simple and there is not much to do in HPSIM. You go to the SMH on your CMS (HPSIM server) click on the VCRM link and on the main page on the left side you will see the "Configure repository and manage automatic update settings" link. Click on that specify the new drive, next your way through and complete the config. This will automatically rescan the repository. Once that is done, in HPSIM go to Options --> Version Control Repository (second line from the bottom) and re-save. You should be all set then. I have attached a screen shot for you. Another thing to consider is deleting old/unnecessary PSP's from your repository. Just a thought.. Good Luck!