108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Change Trust Mode

SOLVED
Go to solution
Koonan
Occasional Advisor

Change Trust Mode

We had a CIM 7.x server die on us, so we installed SIM 5.x, on the same server. SIM 5.x is up and running but I'm having problems with the Version Control Agent. Most of my servers show up with a "i" in the console. When I click on the "i" it says "Version Control Agent Trust Relationship Problem".

After doing some digging around I found out that the previous Sys Admin, used a mix of different Trust Relationships. Some but not many used Certificates and the rest used "Trust By Name".

I want to move everything over to Certificates. When I try to use Replicate Agent Settings, it says it can because there is no Trust set up. I'm using the original server (same name), and that is what is configured in "Trust By Name". Why doesn't this work?

If I go in to each server and have the server pull the Certificate from the management server, I can then use Replicate Agent Settings. How can I reset the Trust Mode without going to each server (100+ servers)?
3 REPLIES 3
Rich Purvis
Honored Contributor
Solution

That is really odd. Did the domain name change at all? Because it might effect the fully qualified domain name of the server if that is what it is going by.

Another thing you might try is the "Configure or Repair Agent Settings" option. It goes out and tries to repair agent settings including setting up a certificate trust. If you try that option, you might try it on one or two systems to make sure it is doing what you want before you try it in large numbers.

-Rich
Why does my tivo keep recording Nickelodeon?
Koonan
Occasional Advisor

No the domain didn't change. I did try the "Repair or Configure Agents" and I get the same Trust error message.
Koonan
Occasional Advisor

Strike my last statement, the Configure or Repair Agents did work!

Thanks.