108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Change how often email alerts gets sent

ncomper
Occasional Contributor

Change how often email alerts gets sent

Hi

I have just installed SIM for the first time, its version 5.2sp2

I have set up a critical alert and configured it to email me however its firing of hundres of emails, can you let me know if its possible to configure it to send out like once an hour or day, i have copied the alert summary below

View Definition: Critical Alerter
Task name: Critical Alerter
Owner: mydomain\Nick
Time filter: None defined
Events:
cleared state is In Progress
cleared state is Not cleared
severity is Critical
severity is Major

System collection: All Systems
All Systems

Action(s):
Send e-mail To:svrsupport@domain.com
CC:
Subject:
Message format:HTML
Encoding:ISO-8859-1

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Derek_56
Valued Contributor

Nick,

SIM acts on the events when they are received, so aggregating them in a single email really isn't an option. What we've done is to pick through the critical events and then select the ones that are *really* critical; picking the ones that can bring down a system. These are the ones that we send out pages/emails on. Just as an example, failed physical drives, down server, failed fan, etc. This takes care of our environment pretty well (we manage over 1800 servers with one SIM instance.) Good luck.
siaw
Occasional Advisor

Am not able to recieve email notifications at all in SIM 5.2 on windows, when i try to set it up from Tool- Events- Automatic event Hanling, at the 5 step where i have to select Time Filters it it fails, with HTTP Status 500. Please any Ideas. I did a staright install and the traps are getting to SIM but can't send email alerts to me.
Derek_56
Valued Contributor

siaw,
That sounds like a (web) SIM server problem. You may have some stability/memory issues with your SIM server, service, etc.
siaw
Occasional Advisor

Thanks , we running SIM 5.2 on Win2003 with 512MB as a guest. All the services seem fine, which ones do you have in mind. Has SIM known problem with the Web interface

Thanks for your help. I have attached the screen shot for review
Derek_56
Valued Contributor

Sorry, you'll have to open a case with HP. I have seen this before, but normally in conjunction with other service failures in the application. You may have luck figuring out what's happening if you check your installation directory\logs folder for errors.
siaw
Occasional Advisor

Derek

Thanks for all the infor, finally i have to reinstall SIM and give it 1024MB instead of 512 which solve some stability issues and what i think fixed it was in the install log i notice,it asked me to restart the SIM service and run mxinitconfig from the CMD.

Thanks all