5732 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Changed Windows admin password and now can't open Insight manger 5

SOLVED
Go to solution
gmc70

Changed Windows admin password and now can't open Insight manger 5

After installing HP Systems Insight Manager I changed the Windows administrator password and can no longer sign into HP Systems Insight Manager. I don't even get to the Insight logon screen. All I get is a small pop-up box stating "Checking HTTP status" and there is a counter right below it. In the event security log there is a failure audit every second with unknown username or bad password for my admin account. I have changed the servcies that depended on this account and rebooted the server and all services are started, but is there something else I need to change within Insight manager itself? If there is how do I even get to it?

Thanks,

GMC
3 REPLIES 3
Igor Karasik
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Changed Windows admin password and now can't open Insight manger 5

You need to use mxpassword command:
http://h18013.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/hpsim/info-library5/mxpassword.1m.html
Something like:
mxpassword -r -x MxDBUserPassword
mxpassword -a -x MxDBUserPassword=
or use "mxpassword -g" - it will start mxpassword GUI
gmc70

Thank you for the information. Changing the mxpassword for the system worked perfectly! I can't thank you enough. Now I just need to break the dependency of using my domain admin acount with running Insight manager.
Joel Rubenstein
Honored Contributor

Problem Description

The software mechanism in Systems Insight Manager 5.0 used for database access has changed and is not documented. SIM 5.0 no longer uses ODBC for database access.

Symptoms

User changes the password on the account used to run the "HP Systems Insight Manager" service and modifies the password configured in the service definition. He then restarts the service but can not longer login to SIM.

Cause

Database access is now configured using the database.props configuration file. The database access password is configured / modified by the mxpassword command.

Resolution/Workaround

The database.props file is used to specify the username configured for database access and will contain an entry like the following.

hp.Database.username=AETSIM\\Administrator

The are 3 formats for this information.

\\ for domain accounts

\\ for local accounts

for SQL server accounts

The mxpassword command is used to configure the password used for database access with the following syntax

mxpassword -m -x MxDBUserPassword="password" the password can contain special characters but not the double-quote character. This command is case sensitive.