6299 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Changing Event Severity Levels - Broken HPSIM

NewKidd2
Frequent Advisor

Changing Event Severity Levels - Broken HPSIM

Folks,

Our HP SIM server (version 5.0, SP4) is not working properly. I am attempting to change Event severity levels (from Options->Events->SNMP Trap Settings menu). When I change severity levels of ProLiant Storage Events, the interface accepts my changes.

However, when these events are generated, HP SIM continues to record them with the default severity levels. I reinstalled the latest HP SIM mibs, but that did not help.

I attempted to re-apply the SP4 patch, hoping that this would fix the problem. However, I got message that SP4 is already applied and cannot be reinstalled.

This HP SIM server just went live this past week, supporting about 2,000 servers worldwide. Needless to say, I need to get this issue (if possible) w/o uninstalling/reinstalling the HP SIM application.

HELP!!!!
2 REPLIES 2
NewKidd2
Frequent Advisor

Re: Changing Event Severity Levels - Broken HPSIM

Quick update: I just realized that the problem reported applies only to the ProLiant Storage Systems category. All other categories are properly recording under its newly assigned severity levels.

So, it is not quite as bad as I thought. However, this still present a problem, since most of the events recorded are related to the Storage.
Ruben1515

Re: Changing Event Severity Levels - Broken HPSIM

I have the same problem with my SIM 5.3 SP1

HELP