1753818 Members
8691 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Changing HPSIM Server

Steve York_1
Advisor

Changing HPSIM Server

I am currently running a 4.2 server, and have just finished building its replacement running HPSIM 5 SP5, what do I need to do to each servers settings to point at the new server, is just where to send SNMP traps and then get the new SIM server to discover the servers? Apologies if this is a real n00b question.
Cheers
Steve
3 REPLIES 3
Aravindh Rajaram
Honored Contributor

You can use the automatic discovery feature, specify the IP range and then discover the servers with ease. After that, use the "Configure or Repair Agents" task to set the SNMP settings on the targets at one go.
Steve York_1
Advisor

Thanks I'll give that a go
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Another change is the certificate, if you use Trust by certificate the certificate from the new HPSIM Server will need to be added to the servers and you'd also want to configure the agents with the new certificate for future deployments. This is the most problematic as there is no Trust established which stops replicating settings from being used.
See the thread below which shows how I deployed a new SMH with an updated certificate;
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=1054370

You can cut and paste the contents of the Discovery and Exclusion IP Ranges to preserve the discovery stuff.

There's also the replicate settings features, so for a number of items you can configure a single server and then deploy the settings, but you need the Trust established first.