Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753914 Members
8984 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Changing User Account for db connection & SSH?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Rilex
Occasional Advisor

Changing User Account for db connection & SSH?

I need to change the user account used for the database connection (remote SQL 2000 db) as well as the SSH account across ~70 servers.

What is the easiest way to do this? I tried mxpassword -g but that seems to just allow you to set the password. Also, if I change the service account (HP Systems Insight Manager) to the new account and set the password, it appears to be using the old account according to the SQL server (I'm seeing failed login events from that account).
4 REPLIES 4
Aravindh Rajaram
Honored Contributor

Re: Changing User Account for db connection & SSH?

If you change the service account credentials then you need to run the following commands:

mxpassword -r -x MxDBUserPassword
mxpassword -a -x MxDBUserPassword=

And for configuring the SSH account access across multiple servers, you can make use of the "Configure or Repair Agents" task.
Rilex
Occasional Advisor

I ran mxpassword -g to change the password that way before posting yesterday, however it still connects with the old user. I need to retire that old user account hence the need to change it.

Thanks
Joel Rubenstein
Honored Contributor
Solution

The user account used to access the database is now stored in the database.props file. You must edit this file, use mxpassword to change the database user account password to match the new account and restart the SIM service.
Rilex
Occasional Advisor

Great, that worked! :)