1748252 Members
4011 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Changing VCR Directories

Upinit
Occasional Advisor

Changing VCR Directories

I on HP SIM 7.2.4 and need some assistance . We are running out of space on the C drive so I added storage to the D drive and want to move the VCR from C to D. I went into VCR management and in the Home tab selected Change repository and update settings. I changed the VCR from C: to D, waited a day and the catalog never rebuilt on D though I do see an _archive folder and deleted.xml file in D:\Repository.

Today I went to the Catalog tab and selected rescan repository & rebuilt catalog and I see the Repository setting is pointing to the D drive and still nothing is happening on the D drive.

I'm going crazy trying to move the catalog from C to D and am not sure what else I can try.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello,

Could be a rights setting on de D disk ?

Are the download settings still in place on the second tab when you change the repository & update settings?

When are the updates for download scheduled ? You could try a setting for every day just to start the sync

Does the log tab give any information?

Kind regards,

Andrew
Upinit
Occasional Advisor

The D drive has the same NTFS permissions as the C drive does.

The Downloads section is still highlighted with the selections we wish to download.

I did turn off Automatic updates as I didn't want the C drive running out of space the next time an SPP was downloaded from HP. Are you suggesting I turn on the automatic updates to see if this will trigger it?

Also, the event viewer is clean.

Thanks!

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello again,

Yes, i would turn it back on and delete the old folder on your C drive. It should be deletable as you don't use it anymore.
Kind regards,

Andrew