5311 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Changing the HP Systems Management account on a server

lawrence bowen_1
Occasional Advisor

Changing the HP Systems Management account on a server

Hi all,

I have inherited management of a whole bunch of HP Proliant servers, all sorts of models with differing management agent versions, differing firmware revisions etc. We have Insight Manager set up and running, and all of these servers appear in IM, however there is no standard Systems Management Homepage password for the servers and no one knows what they all are.

So, for example when I click on a server that is showing a warning, sometimes I go straight into the serverтАЩs Management Homepage, sometimes I'm prompted for a logon (some of which I know, some I don't) and sometimes I'm prompted with one of those logons that just allow you to login as Administrator, or User, etc, and these too I don't know the passwords for.

So this leaves me in the position that I can't actually get useful information out of Insight Manager for the majority of the servers listed. This leads me to wonder what the best way to approach this situation is? We are talking about 200 or so servers, is there an easy way to standardise the Systems Management Homepage account/version etc across all servers, whatever the model? If not, can anyone give me some pointers/tips?

Thanks in advance

Lawrence Bowen
3 REPLIES 3
Rich Purvis
Honored Contributor

Re: Changing the HP Systems Management account on a server

One possible solution would be to use the "Configure or Repair Agents" feature of HPSIM. It will go out and try to setup a trust relationship with the different servers, which will allow access to the SMH without having to sign in from HPSIM.

-Rich
Why does my tivo keep recording Nickelodeon?
lawrence bowen_1
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

Thanks for this but it didn't work. I added all servers using the "add targets" button a few seconds later I get the following result which I have attached as a JPEG. What am I doing wrong? My version of Insight Manager on the CMS is HP Systems Insight Manager 5.0 with SP4, build version C.05.00.01.01 , build date 2006-02-01 12:06.

Thanks

Lawrence

lawrence bowen_1
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

Ok I resolved the issue with the "configure and repair agents" option. There was a server in the selection which this option wouldn't support and that's what kept bombing it out with the error in my screenshot. When I removed this server, the option ran fine and I was able to reset the Systems Management password on most of the servers :)

Thanks

Lawrence