Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1752681 Members
5509 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Citrix Xen Servers are identified as unknown on one HP SIM Server

Andi Kelcher

Citrix Xen Servers are identified as unknown on one HP SIM Server

Version - SIM 5.1 SP1 тАУ I know its old and I should be on 5.3 :-). I will be upgrading to version 6 once its released in Jan 2010. But can you help?
I have two HP SIM servers which appear to be exactly the same although one SIM server can correctly identify the Citrix Xen servers whereas the other SIM server identifies the servers as an unknown device. The Servers have the correct Sting / Trap settings defined and there are no firewall issues. I hoping that when i upgrade the faulty SIM Server to version 6 the issue will go away but does anyone have any ideas why this might be happening, or which HP SIM process / config file is responsible for the identification of devices

Thanks
Andi
3 REPLIES 3
Eddie J. Garza
Advisor

Try running the identify task and pay attention to the Stdout. You will see HP SIM try different protocols and see which ones are successful. (WBEM/WMI and SNMP particularlly.) See if there is a difference between the HP SIM server that correctly IDs the target and the one that doesn't.
Also, sometimes deleting it out of the list and running a rediscover might help.
If that doesn't work, even on an unmanaged server you and Configure Repair Agents (if the target is already running HP Agents) This will establish a trust and other setting and prehaps fix any ID issues.
Andi Kelcher

Thanks Eddie, Neither seemed to help although I am alittle closer to finding the cause. It appears that the Xen Servers hp-snmp-agents.conf does not like the multiple authorised management stations and trap recipients strings although they should be supported if separated with a space. I will upgrade SIM and hope the issue goes away.
Andi Kelcher

Im going to upgrade SIM and hope the issue goes away.