Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cleaning HP SIM database for a fresh start?

B. ten Berge
Occasional Advisor

Cleaning HP SIM database for a fresh start?

I've been having strange problems with HP SIM ever since the temp db completely filled the C: disk on our server, I described those problems in a different thread a while ago.
Even after I moved the tempdb to a disk with more than plenty of diskspace, this problem persisted.

So I'm kind of pondering what to do now, would it be best to start fresh again? And if so, how would I do that?
I couldn't find any information about this so far.
Or is it possible to purge all information about, let's say all the Windows servers?
Any help would be appreciated.
2 REPLIES
Igor Karasik
Honored Contributor

Re: Cleaning HP SIM database for a fresh start?

To start fresh you can just uninstall HPSIM and install it as new installation, it will create fresh DB.
But before doing it: Did you try to set "tempdb" Recovery mode to simple ?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/873235/en-us
Even if you reinstall HPSIM your "tempdb" will be filled if you use "Full" recovery mode and don't do regular transaction log backup.
B. ten Berge
Occasional Advisor

Re: Cleaning HP SIM database for a fresh start?

Thank you for the reply.

The database has indeed been set to simple recovery mode, but the problem with the orphaned entries still exists.
Even after I deleted those servers (I even manually removed all remaining references to these servers from the database) and added them again, they became orphans the next day.
I think that the database somehow got (partially) corrupted when the tempdb logfile filled the entire harddisk. Nothing could be written to the database anymore.