New Discussion юеВ

Clear Evenst Buttons?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Stefan Laemmer
Valued Contributor

Clear Evenst Buttons?

Hi all,
is there a way (other then making my users Admins on the CMS) to enable the buttons under the Events page?

I want them to start clearing Events on their own, but not use the Options->Events->Clear Events... Task, as thats cumbersome.

I am looking for the buttons that are greyed out until you check off an event.

I tried creating a Toolbox with Clear Events, but to no avail..

Tia!
-Stefan
6 REPLIES 6
OlivierV
Trusted Contributor

Re: Clear Evenst Buttons?

Hello Stefan

It is not possible with HP SIM 5. There was a workaround with SIM 4 but it doesn't work with the current version.
This has been requested several times in this forum but HP never put it in production.

Users opinion doesn't seem to be very important to HP.
Stefan Laemmer
Valued Contributor

Sounds like it..

It would life so much easier.. I could auto assign the events to users and then hold them accountable to clear them. Looking at the source of the htm scripting, the functions exist (obvisously), and as far as i can tell, it's a matter of a TRUE vs. FALSE setting.. (In the selectionMade(bIsUpdate) function).. On an admin page, the if's are !false and true, on a non-admin it's !false, then false, then on the BUTTON_ROW building of the page itself, each button get's called on the admin page (6 lines), but not on the non-admin page (2 lines)..

It would be nice to be able to control who get's each button, Clear, Delete, Assign To.., Enter Comment.., Print.

Maybe HP could take this into consideration?
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Olivier, the workaround works fine for HP SIM 5. And, by the way, the next release of HP SIM (end of year) implements this feature so requested by users. We listen, but sometimes it takes longer than it should...
Stefan Laemmer
Valued Contributor

Yipiiiee..

David, could you pls post the workaround to enable the buttons ? I would love to put them in..

Thank you !

(And thanks HP for listening!)
David Claypool
Honored Contributor
Solution

Stefan, because it is an unsupported workaround, we haven't posted publicly. The only requirement is our knowing who has it, and that's simply done by emailing me using firstname dot lastname at hp dot com and I will send it to you.
Stefan Laemmer
Valued Contributor

David has mail.. :)