8490 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Collection based on software/firmware?

Dana Swanson
Regular Advisor

Collection based on software/firmware?

Hello Everyone,

I have a install of HP SIM 5.1 SP1 with the Repository setup and working on the same server.

I tried to create a collection based on software/firmware and get the error:

"A software/firmware version control repository was not found. Select a version control repository from the options menu."

Going to options-> version control repository... shows my repository on the same server with a green light status.

I have no other repositories listed here.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dana
4 REPLIES 4
Rider
Trusted Contributor

Re: Collection based on software/firmware?

Hi,
From Version control repository, Did you save the default Repository for HPSIM. Make sure there is a trust between HPSIM and VCRM.
A Real man makes his own luck
Dana Swanson
Regular Advisor

Hi Rider,

When I open Options > Version Control Repository... The Version Control Repository is trusted and it's the only one on the list.

When I setup the server I choose to install the Version Control Repository on the same server as the HP Systems Insight Manager CMS. I choose the defaults and configured the update from hp.com later on since it doesn't populate the repository without managed server vca's pointing to the repository.

I clicked "Configure" near "Trusted? Yes" and there was a trust. The certificate was there since we use trust by certificate.

I removed the certificate and re-added it to see if it clears anything up.

I'll reboot the server to get a refresh in case any settings or changes made in the CMS caused a minor issue to occur needing a reboot.

Thanks,

Dana
Dana Swanson
Regular Advisor

Hiya,

I decided to not use the Repository feature to automate the download of PSP's and updates from hp at this point. I cleared out the Repository and added two PSP's and ran a rebuild to keep things simple for now.

I added the PSP for Windows 2000 7.60 and Windows 2003 7.60 and they showed up fine in the Repository. I ran the scheduled tasks so the managed clients could sync up with the repository.

I also rebooted the HP SIM CMS server (not the database server)

I'm still getting the same error when trying to create a collection based on software/firmware.

Thanks,

Dana
Dana Swanson
Regular Advisor

I removed all items in the repository (approx 700). I disabled the auto update from hp and populated the repository with PSP 7.60 for Windows 2000 & 2003.

The collection based on firmware/software doesn't error out any longer.

Dana