1752773 Members
5022 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Collections based on SW Status

James Lackey
Occasional Contributor

Collections based on SW Status

Is there a way to create a collection of systems based on their current Software Status?

I can find the option to search by health status, but I could really use a way to search based on SW status. The closest thing I have right now is searching against Critical Update Notification trap events, but that doesn't give me all of the shades of meaning that the SW column does (plus, I know I've got systems that have neglected to get that trap to SIM).
4 REPLIES 4
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: Collections based on SW Status

What are you trying to do?
The reason I ask is that you can also query the database directly.
I use that to get a list of the version of the HP Management Agents. I use that as an indication of what servers are not up to date.
James Lackey
Occasional Contributor

We are upgrading our HP agents since this wasn't a task that had been kept up with in previous years.

My boss needs to have numbers on how many systems remain to be updated for his boss. So far, I've just been manually creating collections for when I meet with him. (Works, but I spend 15-30 minutes of my Monday morning going "clicky-clicky")

I'm also wanting to be able to manipulate Major vs. Minor vs. Normal at the collection level to help me triage the systems still in this project. In other words, I want to have a collection of systems that meet our naming scheme for development & QA boxes that show Major status in the SW column, a collection of our production boxes with Major SW, and similar collections for the systems in Minor SW Status.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

That's pretty much what I'm doing. The following SQL is actually part of a perl script that's called by a web page and gets formatted.
It lists the Agents and their versions.
It's quite old and picks up the older name for the agents.

select CAST(R_Software.DeviceName AS char(20)), CAST(R_Software.Version AS char(24))
from R_Software
WHERE (R_Software.Description LIKE '%Foundation Agents Service%' OR R_Software.Description LIKE '%Insight Management Agents%')
AND (R_Software.SnapShotID=-1)
order by R_Software.DeviceName ASC
go
PaulDoerr

I have been trying to get the same result, put a ticket in with HP, and have not heard back. I would not think it would be that complex, and a hp dba or software eng. could handle this,

Query the Sql database to see if "SW status" is Green, or if it is not.

Hear is a simple one for hardware status

'select R_Inventory.DeviceName, R_Inventory.DeviceStatus, R_Inventory.*
'from
'[SIMSRV123].[Insight_v50_0_101648386].dbo.R_Inventory
'WHERE
'--DeviceStatus <> 1
'--DeviceName like 'cxisrv05%'
'DeviceName in ('SRV1', 'SRV2', 'SRV3')
'order by R_Inventory.DeviceName ASC

'0 - Unknown
'1 - OK
'2 - OK