cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Config or Repair Agents work around

bhars
Occasional Advisor

Config or Repair Agents work around

I am attempting to change all my snmp trap destinations to the new SIM server. I successfully did this only after creating the \\targetserver\admin$\hprepair folder then running the config/repair agent to make the change error free. However this obviously defeats the purpose of having a globla tool to make this change on multiple nodes at once. Is there a further workaround that does not require this manual fix.

Thanks.
3 REPLIES
Aravindh Rajaram
Honored Contributor

Re: Config or Repair Agents work around

If we give the credentials of an user who has administrative privileges on the target machine during the creation of the CRA task it just works fine.
bhars
Occasional Advisor

I did use a domain admin as well as a local admin on the target machine when creating the Config/repair task I assumed it would be required anyway to write to the admin$ share.
Is the hprepair folder temporary while the task is running on the target?
Can it be directed to a different location?
bhars
Occasional Advisor

I added the CMS service account to my domain users group (all my nodes have domain users nested in local admin)
Then ran the config/repair task using my credentials which is also a domain/local admin on target.

It worked fine!

The difference was definately giving the CMS service account local admin privileges on the target machines.

Thanks!