4946 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Configuration HP Sim Server and Managed System

EHAdmin
Advisor

Good morning Andrew,

Tell the machine in which there is more information about iLo or software is a virtual machine that is built under VMWare.

This machine is the HP SIM software and related content repository installed.

The two screenshots below show you is for the information of the virtual machine where you can barely see a lot of information, and the other is a SMH ProLiant monitored system where you can see all the detailed breakdown.

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Right,

So the virtual look fine because it's a virtual, the other is a Proliant server. Can you se the VCA information for the Proliant then ?

Kind regards,

Andrew

Kind regards,

Andrew
EHAdmin
Advisor

Hello again,

From what I'm seeing, slowly my HP SIM are configuring is not correct? Attached a screenshot where you can see how I have my AC set within one of the ProLiant servers. I understand that the upgrade of the software or formaware can do individually within each of the monitored SMH as globally within HP SIM systems.

thanks

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello again,

If i understand you correctly, yes you can either push updates from SIM for one or more servers. Or you can log into every individual server and update manualy. As you can see not all package can be updated through VCA. HP is moving away from VCA and uses SIM in a combination with Hp SUM for software/ Firmware updates.  HP SUM can also be used directly from the SPP folder to update local, remote or even complete Enclosures. The SIM angle can also be used to update using HP SUM and in addition to this can check your baselines.

Kind regards,

Andrew

Kind regards,

Andrew
EHAdmin
Advisor

Good morning Andrew, First of all, sorry for being absent these days. I have had a lot of work I've had to deal urgently.

I think I have my HP SIM server configured properly because I tested to deploy an upgrade of my baseline, namely hpsmh upgrade to the latest version in my group Proliant servers, and works properly.

Now I have another question related to the database where I have my CMS data. My HP SIM is installed with postgresql database, PostgreSQL 8.2.1 (hpsmdb), you install the HP SIM default. My question is how to access the contents of the database, tables, rows, query, etc ... from the command line, basically because I want to monitor accesses to the database in Nagios ...

Thank you very much in advance

EHAdmin
Advisor

Hello Andrew!

Since I was unable to solve the access to my database of HP SIM for command line. Only had to use the user "hpsmdb" which is accessing the postgresql database.

Now I have another question more, and it comes to how to set up a system for monitoring HP SIM with Windows OS, since I have two machines with Windows Server 2008 R2. As you can see in the screenshot, I have installed and ran the HP services that monitor the status of the machine. In my HP SIM I can see machines with Windows OS, but it puts me they are Machine "Unmanaged".

Would fail me to change and configure the SNMP service to also point to my HP SIM CMS!?

thanks very much