108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Configure Itanium server to be monitored by HPSIM

kenny chia
Regular Advisor

Configure Itanium server to be monitored by HPSIM

Hi
I need to monitor a server in HPSIM.
The server is an Itanium running on HP-UX 11i version 2 (HP-UX B.11.23 U ia64).
Basically I need to monitor for hardware events like power supply failure, disk failure in the server.

I have already setup the snmp deamon by setting the trap destination in /etc/snmpd.conf. I restart the snmpd deamon. This restart event is received by HPSIM

Next I pulled out the redundant power supply. But unfortunately this is not received by HPSIM. The server's Server Management Homepage did not even detect this.

How should I configure the server to detect hardware events and send to HPSIM?

I have successfully configured Proliant servers to be monitored by HPSIM
All Your Bases Are Belong To Us!
2 REPLIES 2
Mark A Bradford
Occasional Advisor

You need to configure OnlineDiag to send events to SNMP. You can do this by running /etc/opt/resmon/monconfig. Select a to add and then select the events you want to monitor. I believe there are 29 choices available on the latest version of OnlineDiag. I ususally select everything except the SAN related events. Once you do that, you select level of events - I select Informational and then >=. Once you do that, then send the events to SNMP. This should fix you up.
kenny chia
Regular Advisor

Hi
I have run the monconfig tool. I pulled the redundant power supply of the server and I received an email from the HPSIM system.

Another request...
When I pulled out the redundant power supply, the email that is sent to me just indicates "HP-UX EMS Critical Event" with no details of the exact problem (power supply failed). Anyway to configure such that details will be sent?
All Your Bases Are Belong To Us!