cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure SNMP Traps on Managed Node

mkielman
Occasional Contributor

Configure SNMP Traps on Managed Node

I have a system reporting Tape Drive Status Changes as a critical event. It turns out we aren't using those tape drives anymore so I would like to prevent that event from being logged. The only place that I found that seemed to allow me to do that was Options->Events->SNMP Trap Settings but I don't want this to apply to all systems, just one in particular. Is there a way to ignore this event for one node?
2 REPLIES
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

Re: Configure SNMP Traps on Managed Node

You could apply a EVENT:OPTION>EVENTS>AUTOMATIC EVENTS HANDELING,NEW EVENT,give it a name> then use event attributes that I will specify>Event TYPE..Select the event>use system attributes that I will specify >Choice you system(Or servers) you want this event>Clear event

Do not ferget to apply you points
mkielman
Occasional Contributor

Re: Configure SNMP Traps on Managed Node

Thanks for the reply. Just to clarify, are the "effective" event handlers the ones that are the most specific to the system? I ask because one of the event handling tasks includes all systems and the one I just created applies to only one system. So effectively, if any other system has a tape drive status change, it will be reported according to the original Event Handler, if it is this one particular system, it will be cleared. Do I understand this correctly?