1752753 Members
4667 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Configure SNMP on EVA 5000

Scott Eggleston 2

Configure SNMP on EVA 5000

Hello,

I need some advice on configuring SIM for a HP EVA 5000.

How can this be done?

We have a machine that has the EVA Command View software installed on it and this can be seen in the SIM GUI.

Is this sufficient enough for alerts to be sent if disks fail in the SAN or does SIM actually need to see the EVA as a seperate physical device?

Thanks

Scott
5 REPLIES 5
Timothy Cusson
Valued Contributor

It is recommended that you install WEBES (Web Based Enterprise Services) on the server that is running Command View. It provides detailed EVA5000 error analysis reports and can send traps to HP-SIM.

Tim
Scott Eggleston 2

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the advice.

However, I was lead to believe that the SAN would be visible in SIM by looking under the node that manages it.

This is not the case in our configuration as the node that has the command view software installed on it only shows itself as UNKNOWN.

I am puzzled....

Scott
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

HPSIM discovers the EVA via the server running CommandView.
As part of the CV installation SMI-S gets installed.
This has its own account/password credentials.

You enter these details into the WBEM section for the server specific settings.
You can also use the wbemdisco command to verify access etc. If you google wbemdisco you'll get more info.

Also, CV 5 and its associated SMI-S doesn't work too well, you really need CV 6 (say 6.0.2)

Once done, the EVA should show up in HPSIM as its own entity and you'll be able to see quite a bit of detail.
SNMP is not involved.
mark_uksouth
Frequent Advisor

Scott,
As Rob said if you are using CV 5 and its associated SMI-S then upgrade to CV 6.0.2.

I had loads of problems trying to get 5 to work, upgraded and everything was accessible in SIM.

Mark
Scott Eggleston 2

Guys,

Thanks for the advice.

I'll look at some more documnetation.

Cheers

Scott