Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753865 Members
7707 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Configure and Repair Agents: credentials problem

Trent Ditto

Scott, I would like to address your interpretation of the facts you stated above. I worked with you on this issue and the debug version of Configure and Repair Agents was offered to you but I think you had already lost patience with the issue, or at least that is how the support engineer assigned to your issue explained your opinion to me. The other customers observing this issue have already replied to HP with thier debug output and their cases are moving forward. We have not come to a resolution yet, but the debug output is aiding the developers in understanding what is unique to these respective domain environments that is causing Configure and Repair Agents to fail. If you are interested in continuing the support of this issue please contact your support engineer again, run the debug version of Configure and Repair Agents that you were provided and send us the output file. It will be reviewed and used to help resolve this issue.
David Collins_5

I also would like to review a few facts. The debug version of the tool was sent to you on June 23rd. We could have had your debug data before his, so the only reason we were reviewing his data instead of yours was we had his first. We got his data on July 5th and they needed a few days to look that over. It is in the hands of the most advanced folks regarding SIM. If you wish to keep the case going, as Trent said, send me the debugs. The more the merrier.

I am personally sorry this has taken so long to resolve, but this is important to fix, as this tool is one used by many customer and creates a great deal of ease get your agents in order. Even if you didn't want to keep up on this case, I will keep you updated, as planned to do.

BR,
Dave
Finner

Had the exact same issue with SIM 5.0. Logged a case with HP and got confirmation that it is a know issue with HP SIM 5.0 and would be fixed in SIM 5.1.
I have tested 5.1 and it works.

From my own testing, it appears that 5.0 tries to authenicate with target systems using the cms domsin account and the local cms admin account despite what you provide during the config\repair.

This drove me nuts for ages and am happy to say it is now fixed as 5.1 will use the provided account (during config\repair)
Danny Villazon
Occasional Advisor

I am having the same issue with 5.1 sp5. Can someone please explain what I am doing wrong I have both the service account and the running account as admins of the box and I still recieve.

"HP Systems Insight Manager was unable to copy the HP Repair Tool executable over to the target system. Verify that target system has sufficient disk space."

Please someone advise.
hhcteco

I had the same problem, please tell me if iam doing something wromg or if i could run the debug version. Thank You in advance
mark q
Regular Advisor

I have the same issue here

I have a local account (domain) that I use that is not a member of the administrators group and I cannot run this (I'm running sim 5.2 with the service pack).

anyone get anywhere with this?? I really don't want to lock this account out again since sim seems to do this automatically when you add a server now.