Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1752489 Members
5412 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Configure e-mail settings on automatic event handling in systems insight manager.

AlexOz
Occasional Contributor

Configure e-mail settings on automatic event handling in systems insight manager.

Hello everyone.

I'm having a problem setting up an e-mail notification about server events in system insight manager 6.3.

In the SMTP Host text box i entered an ip address of exchange server, that i have in the same LAN.

Provided a valid sender's e-mail address and credentials. Applied all that, and when i'm trying to send a test e-mail, it gives me an error: "The e-mail could not be sent: Could not connect to SMTP host"

I also tried:

mail.myexchangeserv.lv

owa.myexchangeserv.lv

smtp.myexchangeserv.lv

Where is the problem?

Alex

P.S.This thread has been moved from ITRC HP SIM tools and scripts Forum to ITRC HP Systems Insight Manager Forum- HP Forums Moderator

3 REPLIES 3
simat
Occasional Advisor

Re: Configure e-mail settings on automatic event handling in systems insight manager.

Can you telnet to the smtp server on port 25 from your SIM server?

J_N_Rhodes
Valued Contributor

Re: Configure e-mail settings on automatic event handling in systems insight manager.

Hi Alex,

Is this has been resolved?

If yes, pls share the solution details

Regards

shocko
Honored Contributor

Has the SMTP port for your exchange been changed from TCP 25? Possibly you also need to authenticate to send mail through it.

If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)