4154 Online
108723 Solutions
New Discussion

Configuring HP SIM to send email for every HP Server hardware issue

Server-Support
Super Advisor

Configuring HP SIM to send email for every HP Server hardware issue

Hi,

Can anyone please let me know where to configure in HP SIM so that I can receive the Hardware error that is happening on my data center ?

Best regards,
3 REPLIES 3
Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Re: Configuring HP SIM to send email for every HP Server hardware issue

Hi,

Take a look at Automatic event handling under Options / Events...

You can choose for which events which actions needs to be done... For emails do not forget to configure the SMTP server...

Kr,

Bart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !
Server-Support
Super Advisor

Bart, thanks for the update, however I still cannot find the settings to configure which event that must be sent through Email ?

Best regards,
Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Hard to say, depends of what you really want...

You can create in advance an event collection with the events you want, or you can select directly in the long list of possible events... And yes the list is long.

For instance, be aware that, if you want an email when a disk is broken, you can do that on physical disk events (warning - critical) or logical disk events (degraded). Or on a higher level you can start already with the severity level (minor-major-...) events... So at least you know that there is something going on...

Kr,

Bart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !