HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting SIMS 6.0 to Remote SQL DB with Instance

Connecting SIMS 6.0 to Remote SQL DB with Instance

We are currently using HP SIMS 6.0 and connect to a remote SQL Database (SQL 2008, SP1). We are trying to move the DB to a different SQL server. The difference is that the new Server utilzes an SQL instance. so now instead of "SQLServername" its "SQLServerName\Instance". I guess the reason for this is that some SQL servers are being consolidated and now they are seperating them on the new Server. Im not a SQL guy - Not sure - Dont care.

The process i used is to Shutdown SIMS Service, Modify ODBC Settings (Finds and test connect fine), Modify database.props & database.admin files, and start the service.
Service Starts with no problem. But nothing happens - can not connect to Webpage. Try to open and i just get the dredded timer (might as well be a BSOD)

Current .props & .admin file Config -
hp.Database.hostName=%Servername%
hp.Database.instance==%Servername%\\%Instancename%

Is this correct
Is there anything else that needs to be changed when going from no instance to having an instance?

I have already contact HP Support, Waiting.....
Thanks
1 REPLY
sam_193
Frequent Advisor

Re: Connecting SIMS 6.0 to Remote SQL DB with Instance

Yes, you also need to update hpsim-ds.xml located in \jboss\server\hpsim\deploy\ for the new connection URL